Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Married to the Sea: "The Champagne of Comics"

Married To The Sea
marriedtothesea.com


Maybe it is because I just won the Nobel Prize, I dunno. Whatever. But when I stumbled upon the cartoon siteMarried to the Sea: "The Champagne of Comics," I found it tickled my now elite funny bone.

Before winning the Nobel Prize, I might not have "gotten" this sort of highbrow humor.

That's not to say that winning the Nobel Prize has changed me in any meaningful way. No, I am still the same simple girl that I have always been.

It's just that now I have a Nobel Prize.

Anyway, here's the gist on this funny endeavor:

Married To The Sea is a comic created by Drew and Natalie Dee. Drew's other comic, which also updates daily at midnight, is Toothpaste For Dinner. Natalie's other comic is Natalie Dee. No historical accuracy is implied or intended in Married To The Sea comics.You may put one or more images from this site on your own website / livejournal page / myspace page / blog, as long as you also provide a link to this site, next to the comics. You may not use the images in advertisement(s) or content for your own projects.

Now, *that* is generous, no?

Not to be outdone, I have seen fit to use my influence -- as a Nobel Prize winner -- to encourage the various committees in Oslo to contract with MTTS in the creation of mugs, Tees, and refrigerator magnets bearing my funnified commemorative image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!