Sunday, August 19, 2012

First video with new camera. Be kind.

The scene:  I'm in bed, the Food Network serves as white noise, when Dobby and Buddy both wake from a long August nap.  In typical fashion, there is lots of love and mutual grooming going on as they slowly regain consciousness.  Buddy cannot, however, maintain the love and soon wants to be the beastie Maine Coon that he is, and tries to grab the Dobster by the neck.  This time, Dobby stands up for himself, and also, for good measure, wisely runs away, so as to live another day.  Repeat scene 10-20 times a day, and that about sums up their relationship.

This is, honest, the first attempt at using the video feature on the new Sony HandyCam, after destroying my previous camera in a sink of nice, soapy water.  I'm not sure I like all the results but -- since I am using it with the understanding and mastery of a complete idiot -- for a first effort, I am satisfied.

Yes, one day you will see something besides cats, my hands and feet, and Fred's beautiful belly.  I don't know when, but it's bound to happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!