Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BIENVENUE!

La Belle Bianca Castafiore ici! And the tired retired educator, too!

This blog was to have the airy nature of an aria, the skittishness of a morbidly obese diva tottering along on remarkable stilettos. Ah, but even La Belle Bianca turns up in a terrycloth robe and scuffy slippers of a morning, inclines her head my way and is, au fond, a good, dear friend.

We share this space.

CRPS/RSD was not to be a cornerstone, a building block, a brick, nor any other form of organizational control!

La Belle Bianca s'en moque de moi. She yells: "Ah! je ris de me voir, si belle en ce miroir" ("Ah! I laugh to see how lovely I look in this mirror!") It's a stock phrase, a rich phrase. It is Bianca Broth! It is a reminder about stuff -- like perception and reality, arrogance and fluff.

I need Bianca in my life, especially, I admit, in my life with CRPS/RSD.

You've likely seen the movie Harold and Maude, yes? Who doesn't love Maude? Who doesn't wish to be so free?

HAROLD: You hop in any car you wantand just drive off?
MAUDE: Not any car. I like a variety. I'm always looking for a new experience.
HAROLD: Maybe... Nevertheless,I think you're upsetting people. I don't know if that's right.
MAUDE:If people get upset because they feel they have a hold on some things,
I'm just acting as a gentle reminder,here today, gone tomorrow.
So don't get attached to things. Now, with that in mind,
I'm not against collecting stuff.
I've collected quite a lot of stuff in my time.
This is all memorabilia
but it's incidental, not integral,if you know what I mean.

That's what my friend does for me -- even if her reminders are not so gentle, even if she is -- well, l'emmerdeuse...*

Welcome, then, to any reader involved with CRPS/RSD -- you'll find here the usual kvetching and lamentable weakness -- ah! but you will also perhaps find distraction and fantaisie: just what the doctor ordered.



*Comme un entomologiste, l'auteur [d'un livre sur La Belle Bianca] observe la lente transformation de la cantatrice;
"Au début, elle est ridicule, commente-t-elle. Mais, ensuite, elle se nuance,
devient meme une héroine, comme dans L'Affaire Tournesol." [...]
Au bout de son considérable travail de recherche,
Moons pose la question qui divise les tintinophiles: «La Castafiore est-elle une
emmerdeuse?» L'auteur affirme que l'emmerdeuse, c'est «celle qui entend se
positionner comme une femme à part entière, non comme une moitié. Elle
assume le risque de ne pas plaire, ce qui est une expression d'honnêteté
personnelle». Haddock n'aurait pas pu mieux le dire.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!