Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Philpot Shoots the Schlessinger and I Need Yogurt


I felt so strange this morning. Thought I was jonesing for some plain lowfat yogurt hit with a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and a kiss of fake sugar... but no! It turns out what I was really wanting was a word from Helen Philpot, of Helen and Margaret fame.

Not that I would compare The Philpot to Plain Lowfat Yogurt. That would be ridiculous.

God, I hope Fred will make a run into Tête de Hergé to nab a bit of bacterial fermentation. Or milk one of the oddly oversized bovines that have broken through the weaker sections of the Olde Stone Wall that keeps us safe from The Cistercians...

I am glad that Helen sort of echos my own take on the Laura Schlessinger affair -- and on Talking Heads, in general: A great big hearty... meh.

Shooting the Schlessinger

Margaret, your letters have been a source of comfort these past few weeks. I really have not felt like writing until your nephew called me to tell me that lots of people actually read this thing and many of them think that I am dead. Goodness gracious. I had no idea that once I started I couldn’t stop. But if this is my lot in life, I guess things could be worse. It keeps me busy and right now I probably don’t need a lot of time on my hands.

I saw in the news today that one of your radio shows is coming to an end. That Dr. Laura lunatic you like has finally gone one step too far and used the N-word a few too many times… well actually one too many times if you think about it. It’s just not one of those words a crazy white woman should let slip. You’d think she would know that.  (read the rest here... where she doesn't mention yogurt even once...)

I don't think I will ruin a surprise by telling you that Helen mentions Sarah Palin -- why not? One crazy white woman invites another! It's like... well, plain lowfat yogurt without the perfume of vanilla or the kiss of sweetness that can only come from a good aged chlorinated artificial confection.

I don't want Palin to feel left out of my own little publicity piece, and I was fairly certain she would have weighed in by now in support of her Sister AirHead... via Twitter, of course.

Were I unfamiliar with Sarah Palin, her advice to Schlessinger ("don't retreat...reload!") might take my breath away. 
SarahPalinUSA
Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!

Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!