Wednesday, February 22, 2012

i am home

i'm home.

i signed out "against medical advice" after being carted by ambulance from the effed-up hospital to the effed-up LTAC facility [a nursing home in disguise].

many long and funny stories about such nether worlds are queuing up for future blog post status.

a total of 26 days in hospital, ICU, LTAC.  a wound care service arriving early in the morning, since to make my escape, i had to force the disconnection of my gaping shoulder wound from its pal, the "wound vac."

i had a second surgery on feb 13 [correcting a boo-boo from the more major one on jan 23] and the decision was made to hook me up to an oreck...

don't anyone dare tsk-tsk me over ducking out AMA -- trust me, i was getting weaker and more spastic by the hour.  there were people on my side -- notably the doctor, the floor manager, the social worker -- but they cannot change by fiat the ignorance [wielded on my legs like billy clubs] that reigns among their staff.

my favorite RN? i asked her to please look up CRPS.  she snapped, "i will not!"

and then told me she was going to have the doctors "evaluate [my] legs, 'cause that ain't right!"

so... god bless us all, be kind to one another, but take care of yourself when no one else will.

i'm gonna take it verrrryyyyy slow for a good bit.

but i am home.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I see you are not hitting the shift key, so I sense your tenderness.

    I have just finished training to be a CNA (cert. nursing ass't), and while I *want* to do that work, what worries me most about any such job is my future coworkers, who I know will include people like that criminally willfully ignorant RN. (I'd been a CNA when I was 20 and remember.)

    Looking forward to more kittie videos, when you're up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Well, not hitting the shift key much!)

    ReplyDelete

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!