Tuesday, April 24, 2012

getting through the day, the day, with jackson, jackson browne...










Your Bright Baby Blues 
-- Jackson Browne

I'm sitting down by the highway 
Down by that highway side 
Everybody's going somewhere 
Riding just as fast as they can ride 


I guess they've got a lot to do 
Before they can rest assured 
Their lives are justified 
Pray to God for me baby 
He can let me slide


'Cause I've been up and down this highway 
Far as my eyes can see 
No matter how fast I run 
I can never seem to get away from me 


No matter where I am 
 I can't help feeling I'm just a day away 
From where I want to be 
Now I'm running home baby 
Like a river to the sea


Baby if you can see me 
Out across this wilderness 
There's just one thing 
I was hoping you might guess 
Baby you can free me 
All in the power of your sweet tenderness


I can see it in your eyes 
You've got those bright baby blues 
You don't see what you've got to gain 
But you don't like to lose 


You watch yourself from the sidelines 
Like your life is a game you don't mind playing 
To keep yourself amused 
I don't mean to be cruel baby 
But you're looking confused


Baby if you can hear me 
Turn down your radio 
There's just one thing 
I want you to know 
When you've been near me 
I've felt the love stirring in my soul


It's so hard to come by 
That feeling of peace 
This friend of mine said 
"Close your eyes, and try a few of these" 


I thought I flying like a bird 
So far above my sorrow 
But when I looked down 
I was standing on my knees 
Now I need someone to help me 
Someone to help me please


Baby if you need me 
Like I know I need you 
There's just one thing I'll ask you to do 
Take my hand and lead me 
To the hole in your garden wall 
And pull me through


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!