Monday, April 16, 2012

Stayin' Alive In The Wall

So I've several well-written and well-researched posts stewing but wanted to rush and re-publish this YouTube Pink Floyd vs Bee Gees Mashup, originally posted back in October of 2010.  It's an emergency, see?

Now, Another Brick in the Wall? Simply brilliant.  Memories of the back of someone's trailor, wonderfully high on heartbreaking aromatics, working on a homemade pizza pie that simply refused to cook.  We ate it raw.  We sang to the stars.

[Don't forget Parts 1 and 3.]

Seriously, though, the Bee Gees frighten me, and always have, though I love the song Massachusetts. It is the teeth more than anything, and the pants.  Overall, just too simian.

Stayin' Alive.  Oh, God.  Saturday Night Fever embarrassed the hell out of me.  My boyfriend actually danced his way down the sidewalk outside the theater, flirting with his genitals in a way he thought very Travolta, his younger brother shimmy-shaking by his side. It was a double date.

Demure in turtlenecks, my roommate and I followed behind, plaid-skirted, red-faced.

Nope, running into Stayin' Alive In The Wall a few minutes ago was hardly the evocative tour de force you might've thought.  But wait for it... wait for it... and you're dancing to Pink Floyd, just like you always knew you could!

We don't need no education.
(I've been kicked around since I was born.)

[so where am i when these seismic cultural shifts hit?  am i the last to see this video?]




Uploaded by  on Oct 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!