Integration of Sensory Force Feedback Is Disturbed in CRPS-Related Dystonia
Materials and Methods
- linear spring with stiffness (): exerting force , at position , according to Eq. 1:(1)
- non-linear spring which exerts force Ftarget+ at the position where the linear spring would have exerted the target force :(2)
- Reference trials where the subject was instructed to apply the indicated force using the onscreen indicators, exactly as in training trials.
- Blind trials where the subject was instructed to reproduce the trained force blindly and to operate the foot switch when (s)he thought (s)he attained the trained force.
- Catch trials were blind trials where the linear spring was covertly replaced by the non-linear spring. The spring model was always substituted at the zero-length position, to prevent the subject from noticing any change in force.