Friday, October 24, 2008

Sarah Palin: In the Evita Tradition

Betty Bowers' acolyte, Fama Keen, has penned a brave new take on "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina":

It won’t be easy, you’ll think it’s greed

When I try to explain ’bout these heels
That I still need new suits after all that I’ve bought
You won’t believe me, all you will see is a governor you knew
Although she’s dressed up to the nines
With a much nicer handbag than you!

I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn’t stay in Alaska in parkas and Uggs
Looking out of the window, trying to spot Russian soil
So I chose Neimans, running around trying everything new
Though nothing quite fit me at all
Spent a fortune on tailoring, too!

(chorus)
Don’t cry for me, Neiman-Marcus
The truth is I never left you
All through the suit racks, the designer shoe stacks
I kept the price tags, you’ll get the clothes back!


(see the complete lyrics here.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!