Friday, February 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm home, with a beautiful bouncing baby shoulder! And, to put a positive financial spin on things, my deductible and out-of-pocket expenses are paid, so that I am at 100% coverage. Yahoo?

[that means that in less than two months, i've paid $7,846.00 in heath insurance costs. that's roughly $3636.00 more than i had trickling in...]

In a 3-hour marathon, another PICC was inserted because I.D. just loves to put me on i.v. antibiotics. No problem, though, if it improves the likelihood of success.

This go 'round, I vocalized my concerns about the nurses and techs who seemed to delight in causing me pain by messing with my legs -- vocalized *before* admission, that is -- and it helped. I also became self-sufficient faster than was probably wise, but it sure paid off. There was no need for anyone to touch moi! And I pushed for discharge straight away after opening my eyes Monday evening!

Anyway -- heartfelt thanks to my talented, patient, and persistent surgeon, to Bob, to Mary Lou, to all who... helped get me home with one more joint to call my own!

The Fredster is slowly destressing but also is having to do most everything -- I was chagrined to find that I cannot even make coffee -- and, even were I able to, I cannot lift the carafe to pour it.

I am true to form in that I'm febrile -- the left shoulder remains exceedingly painful but I don't see how in heck it could be infected, not with all these antibiotics! We are all convinced that it is either mechanical (the spacer has moved), or muscle/nerve related. Whatever it is, I am ready for it to be gone. Already, it's apparent that as the right side heals, it will way outclass the left in terms of range of motion.

I thought of many things worthy of the blog... but am kind of limp at the moment, so they'll simply have to brew a while.

3 comments:

  1. You're back! I missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly, fresca? "i'm back" has become a relative statement! my body has been "returned to its habitual abode" -- that might be more accurate! when will my brain kick back in? it was another long surgery -- 5.5 hours with some breathing problems afterward. but all in all? my surgeon ROCKS! thanks for checking in, wordlemeister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, I see...
    It sounds like that is some horrendous journey you've undergone/are undergoing--sort of like Frodo in Lord of the Rings? (Sorry if that's wrong--I hesitate to offer any analogy for other people's pain, but that's what popped into my brain.)

    May your brain return to full Wordle-level functioning soon!

    ReplyDelete

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!