Monday, May 11, 2009

Hands Down

Ick Cheney, a walking, talking turdescent worm. Rush Limbaugh? Why should I break a sweat when Margaret and Helen are on the case?

Oops, is my microphone on? Did I say that out loud? (No, Wanda Sykes did not go too far. She barely touched the surface... and I hope she was wearing gloves.)

I thought Obama was fairly funny at the White House Press Corps thingy. Cheney's memoirs are tentatively titled "How to Shoot Friends and Interrogate People." Okay, so I didn't bust a gut laughing or snort milk up my nose. Someone needs to explain to the President that real humor requires incongruity.

Ever reticent, Helen Philpot notes: "These morons have nothing left to offer. There are no solutions for peace. Instead we must always be ready for war. There are no solutions for poverty, instead we must carefully protect the wealth of the wealthy. There are no solutions for the environment, instead we must simply put our heads in the sand and pretend that life goes on forever – unchanging and without consequence. No wonder these guys look bloated and constipated. They’re full of shit, and lots of it."

Why don't we all just relax? Have a second cup of coffee, toast an english muffin. Treat the cat's ear mites.

Laughter is, indeed, the best medicine. It turns out that my O2 saturation rises into the proper 90s when I laugh! Here are some clips that ought to oxygenate your brain, too! Colbert at the 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner. (This is how it is done. Obama, Sykes -- take note.)





3 comments:

  1. I saw Colbert's speech for the first time a couple months ago (I am a slow adopter of everything), and if anything could change my life as I approach the mid-century mark, it did:
    I want to grow up to be as brave as he is, able to stand in front of the president of the United States and flub a line that insults the man (the glass is 2/3 full/empty) and keep a'going.

    My dear Bianca, I am sorry for your pain.
    *e-hug* (painless)
    And I admire your writing--not because you write in/about pain, but because you are endlessly interesting and even (not to belittle the pain!!! really) amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I caught a fresca in my clever trap! MwaHaHa...

    At this point, the list of people I wanna be like (or in my more childish moments, actually *be*) is several feet long.

    Fair Fresca, you've no idea how downright ennuyeuse I am these days. But thanks for the encouragement -- it helps.

    I'm glad Colbert soldiered on -- the "backwash" was worth it!

    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone ennuyeuse (I had to look it up) and enervated, you evince much mental espieglerie!
    (True, if awkwardly put .)

    That photo of your brother's with the crow standing on the edge ---wow--funny and profound.

    Thanks for asking how I am. Four weeks after surgery I am well-- so well that, sad to say, I threw my healthy eating plan to the wind and ate a Moon Pie--you know these chemical-laden, brightly dyed palm-oil coated marshmallow pies?
    It was terrific, just as outer-spacy as its name.

    I can just imagine Colbert eating one...

    ReplyDelete

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!