Monday, May 11, 2009

Pain, Fever, Infection -- Oh My!

I'm depressed. And febrile. And in beaucoup pain.

We spent over three hours at the ID doc's posh place.

He wants me to do another full 6 week course of vancomycin, so we will carry on with it. Every 12 hours. No matter that we don't know what we're treating.

But you can't argue with explosive, virulent, stanky pus in zee bones!

I feel very sick, kind of afraid. I expressed this and was told that fear was appropriate.

He is going to do a "search of the literature." I almost started laughing-crying. He's also going to get ideas from some sort of ID doctor meeting of such-folk citywide.

Woo.
Hoo.

My poor darling Fred is so tired. I have become nothing less than a burden (replete with explosive, virulent, and stanky, stanky pus in zee bones). What every man wants in a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!