Monday, September 27, 2010

Marmy and the Elven Wood Smurf

For the Cat Lovers among you Fearless Readers, this is the first decent photograph -- ever -- of Ms. Marmy Fluffy Butt.

She has undergone a Personality Transplant since Sam-I-Am left us in early July.  Part of that process includes Severe Persistent Lovability and Charming Chirps -- and now, her first Posed Photo Shoot, with suitable Classic Prissy Paws.

World, allow me to present Your Queen, The Marmy. 

These were my Wee Hours -- I was in Desperate Pain and Worried about the ID consult.  In response, this Girly-Girl Cat posed The Stations of The Marmy and promised me Measured,Passionless Devotion.



Yes, I had the dreaded Infectious Disease Consult today, and wish to retract my statement describing the good doctor as an ancient Pillsbury Dough Boy with Liver Spots.  He was more of an Elven Wood Smurf.

More importantly, he has Ideas.  Based on those Ideas, we drew Blood, although not enough to get all the desired tests done.  When I left, they were still going round and round about whether 5 ml. of blood were sufficient for Immuno Goblins, or some such thang.  He's pretty convinced my Immune System is shot all to hell.

I was touched by how he understood my state -- how he said I probably cannot remember what it feels like to feel good -- by how he said "Oh my, oh my" when examining my legs.  I needed Sympathy, Empathy, Compassion and all in Ridiculous Measure... I was quite the Needy Bitch, baking along merrily at 101 degrees. 

He completely won me over when he said he would, at least, like to make me more comfortable, bring the fevers down, and convince my heart to beat at a rate below 128.

I think I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!