Tuesday, March 1, 2011

World News Quiz: Sheen versus Gaddafi

Richard Adams, with the UK's Guardian, has put together a test for the discerning entertainment news addict -- it's up to you to determine how much entertainment value there is in someone like Muammar Gaddafi.

Or in someone like Charlie Sheen, for that matter.  (Though I am among those that think he is ill and should not be afforded such a spotlight in the midst of his unfortunate acting out.  I'm sure he'll be okay once he gets some sort of treatment.  Plus, I read somewhere [a phrase that causes me to break out in weeping red rashes] that Charlie claims a lot of great support from Mel Gibson...)

Sigh.  You've got to feel for Martin.

Anyway, Adams asks that you choose the author of a string of phrases.  I scored 50%.  To wet your whistle, here are the first four, then click on CONTINUE to finish the rest and get your score:

1. I have defeated this earthworm with my words – imagine what I
would have done with my fire-breathing fists

Sheen or Gaddafi?

2. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

Sheen or Gaddafi?

3. Life without dignity is worthless

Sheen or Gaddafi?

4. I'm extremely old-fashioned, I'm a nobleman, I'm chivalrous

Sheen or Gaddafi?

CONTINUE at the UK Guardian website...





ANSWERS:
1.  Sheen
2.  Sheen
3.  Gaddafi
4.  Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!