Friday, January 20, 2012

Nesting 1

I am having major surgery Monday, and the usual pre-op jitters have set in, full force.

In other news, my kidney function decided that *now* would be the ideal time to decline.  The great thing is that I've no symptoms, unless this Edema From Hell is related.  If Dr. ShoulderMan's SideKick had not called, I'd never have known... which would have been infinitely better, don't you think?

I predict a weekend of intense nesting activity.  Choose to stand still while in my general vicinity?  You risk being cleaned, rearranged, painted.  The middle of the night was meant for stirring, for building flavors, for sauces, for loving marinara.

When the pain is so bad that I cannot clean, cook, or repurpose irrational crockery, my domestic urges will find fulfillment in cat videos.  I wish that I'd had this little Flip camera while Sammy was alive, because nothing would touch my heart like visiting with him this weekend, fending off his weird amorous cat kisses... but the fluorishing Buddy the Kitten Collection will have to do.  Buddy is more Struggle and Scratch than Smooches and Mystery -- and maybe that's a good thing, at this stage of the game.

I had forgotten his herculean struggles with the blanket kept folded at the foot of the bed, a blanket which mocks him by not being where it clearly ought to be.  We still come upon him fiercely attempting the necessary relocation.

Truth be told, the pain is nearing the magic 10 on the 10 scale at this very moment, and Buddy happens to be snoozing with his head on the aforementioned blanket -- clearly, a sign that the first cat video of the weekend should be that May 2011 YouTube classic, Buddy the Kitten versus The Blanket.

I am going to try and finish a few drafts for the blog between nesting activities but I have promised as much twice already this week.  If I don't, please think good thoughts around 3 pm Monday, Tête de Hergé time, and I'll see you on the other side of anesthesia.




1 comment:

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!