Monday, December 31, 2012

Luciano Pavarotti and James Brown - It's a Man's World

this is one of those times i'm pretty sure of being the last person on earth to have heard this! well, at least #5,711,271.

pretty freaking awesome, and all those other words.  cool.  wondrous.  far out.  rock me on the water, bay-bee.

("rock me on the water, bay-bee."?)


 


uploaded to YouTube by 0NeSsE0 on Sep 15, 2007



We all must do the best we can 
And then hang on to that gospel plow 
When my life is over, I'm going to stand before the father 
But the sisters of the sun are going to rock me on the water now 


Rock me on the water 

Sister will you soothe my fevered brow 
Rock me on the water, maybe I'll remember 
Maybe I'll remember how 
Rock me on the water 
The wind is with me now 
So rock me on the water 
I'll get down to the sea somehow





"rock me on the water, bay-bee."?
note to self:  where do our expressions of wonder, the ones no one else might understand, come from?  


"But where does by far the bulk, the whole ambulance load, 
of pain really come from? Where must it come from? 
Isn't the true poet or painter a seer? Isn't he, actually, 
the only seer we have on earth? Most apparently not the scientist, 
most emphatically not the psychiatrist."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!