Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tin Soldiers

News from the indentured servant Brother-Unit down Florida way. He's stuck grading papers tonight, poor boob.

His university freshmen composition class was given a wide array of "protest songs" to analyze -- an assignment that he hoped would stoke the fires of creative lucidity. Instead:

I'm grading some papers dealing with the protest songs, and I figured we could both use some levity on this election day.

Apparently, a student writing about "Ohio" noted that she didn't think that those students, and students in general, should have been/should be shot. Bravo! I'm all for that, even though Florida law now allows me to carry a gun in the trunk of my car! So now I guess I should buy a gun and don some National Guard paraphernalia. And then I can keep both in the trunk of my aging Echo!



Just a few weeks back, he waxed nostalgic about his own writing prowess as a Freshman math major:

[The article you forwarded] reminds me of a line I wrote in my first year of college, and which I use as a warning to those hooked on the dictionary and the thesaurus:


The canine traversed the thoroughfare.

The professor circled the line and added the following:
Who talks like that?

Who indeed?

With love,
Grader Boob



I loves my brothers, I does.



1 comment:

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!