Sunday, November 2, 2008

Too and Also

Well, shut my mouth.

Out toodling around... Fred dropped me off at the Disabled Person's Unloading Dock in front of Home Depot. Waiting for him to park, I pulled out my Palm to continue my obsession with Crazy Daisy.

A smartly styled, poofy-haired Elderly Southern Lady stood next to me, uncomfortably shifting from foot-to-foot, waiting, I suppose, for her Southern Gentleman to bring the mid-sized Plymouth Breeze around.

She determinedly hoisted the bag-that-matched-her-shoes higher up on her arm, stood, if possible, even *more* ramrod straight, and said to me -- because polite conversation was necessary:

"Do you know Julie Barnesforth, dear?"

"No, I don't. Sorry. Why do you ask?" I say, in my best smiley-voice.

"Well, Julie is in a wheelchair, too..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!