Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving


Lordy. I almost forgot Thanksgiving.


And *that* should wake me up, the part of me that needs to be taking the forefront -- the grateful me.


For I am grateful, deeply so.


I have been plentifully blessed --


by the gentle, loving Fred;

by the crazy and carousing Belle et Bonne Bianca Castafiore;

by the Feline Contingent;

by Brother Bob, Fearless Educator and Grader Boob;

by Brother TW, Lost and Now Found, Long Missed (indeed, TW was the figural centerpiece for my last Thanksgiving -- it now seems like forever since I did *not* know him --

currently my favorite personal illusion!);

by Lale and Adrean, Hilmi and Tina, et al;

by Mother and her struggles this year, pulling through;

by the Carolina folks in absentia, always on my mind and heart;

by Ginny, by Ramak, and yes, by memories of beloved people,

even those who might prefer to spit as I pass by,

(maybe especially those!);

by the talented and caring medicos who keep me going;

by a renewed political energy in the country and

by the hope that Barack Obama will lead us out of the morass;


and I have been blessed by an attentive, loving, and responsive God.


What I never thought would hardly matter?

Academia -- Religion -- and my Reputation

inside of each construct.


Thank you, God, for everything, for I am, in all ways, blessed.
*Oh, and I really appreciate my new pink purse -- but especially the lovely women in my life who encourage me to use it, no matter the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!