Friday, March 27, 2009

v.i.l.l.a.n.o.v.a.


I'll get the lights.

I am not sure what exactly Duke intended tonight. After the first five breezy points, I thought they'd settle down, and their defense appeared to be stepping up... They just forgot their offense.

And not to knock Coach K, but I'd have called a few more timeouts early on. And if the three-pointers aren't flowing organically, and they weren't, don't force 'em! Get physical, get inside.

Sigh. This is the sixth year in a row that they've gone down to a lower-seeded team.

Villanova looked great, moved well, very nice. Wonderfully mobile. One of Duke's stranger abilities of late is that of disrupting the rhythm of the game. They got caught in their own trap tonight, while Villanova was absolutely syncopated...

My bracket being torn to shreds, then, I commit to a final four with Louisville, UConn, Villanova, and UNC-CH. My professorial Brother-Unit informs me that my support for Villanova is mandated from this point on...
My Brother-Unit the Bookie? Haven't heard a peep from him. This is a busy time in gambling circles.

G'night, Cameron Crazies, wherever you may be.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your insightful comment. I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner I'm currently at home on leave from Hospital *yawn*.
    I agree wholeheartedly with what you wrote so beautifully!!
    Your welcome to comment any time, your wisdom is valued. Good luck with your next op, take care.
    Kind regards Kirst

    ReplyDelete

The Haddock Corporation's newest dictate: Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. It is easy enough to register and just takes a moment. We look forward to hearing from you non-bots and non-spammers!